Unsolved disappearances that will shock you


Having a loved one go missing is traumatic enough. Imagine never finding a body, never getting closure, or never even knowing what happened. The incidents were all investigated long after the cases went cold, but no reasonable explanation was ever reached. These three mysterious cases of human disappearances will leave you shivering and cold.

The disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370

On March 8, 2014, over 200 people aboard Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 simply vanished. The flight was bound for Beijing and took off from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia right on schedule. However, it went missing right after a routine handover between air traffic control systems. The search that followed took three whole years and involved the governments and authorities in several countries. Not a trace of either the aircraft or the people on board was ever found. Authorities in aviation and the investigative team have several theories that involve a third-party cutting off the flight communication system and the plane diverging from its set route, but these theories remain unsubstantiated.

A Hijacker parachuted off a plane and disappeared into thin air

In 1971, a passenger on Northwest Orient Airlines calmly finished his bourbon and soda and handed a flight attendant a note that said he had a bomb. Holding passengers and crew hostage, the man let 36 passengers alight at Seattle and then ordered the pilot to fly to Mexico City, along with several members of the crew. Mid-flight, the hijacker jumped out of the back of the plane with $200,000 in ransom money and a parachute. He was never found again. The passenger was never identified though the investigation refers to him as Dan Cooper, the alias he used when he bought his ticket.

A college student disappears in mysterious circumstances

Lauren Spierer, a 20-year-old student of Indiana University was last seen in 2011, walking alone outside a classmate’s off-campus apartment. She had spent the night partying at a downtown bar in Bloomington, Indiana with friends. After her friend called in her disappearance the next morning, a national manhunt followed. All clues lead nowhere. Eight years later, the investigation hasn’t been closed but authorities believe that it is likely she is no longer alive.



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here